Thursday, June 16, 2011

Space jump! UFO nail art feat. Sally Hansen DVD!

Ok I'll admit to watching the second X Files movie on TV the other night. It wasn't as good as the first and it was way too long since the first movie but I thought I'd put some more alien type nail art 'out there' ;-)


I really wanted to just show you all Sally Hansen DVD, a brilliant glitter top coat that looks different depending on the light:


It's a sheer blue glitter polish that reflects a gorgeous purple depending on the angle and lighting. To give an example:


Flash drowns out the purple but under lamp light it is more obvious.


Because the polish is so sheer, I added one base coat of Essie's Coat Azure and just one coat of DVD. Flash shot above.


Without flash shown above. See the pretty purple @_@


I also wanted to trying layering over black and white compared to just wearing DVD on a bare nail.


A black base really seems to transform this colour into something else. On its own however it is comparable to having a white base. But you need quite a few coats since it is so sheer.


Back to the UFO nail art! A simple design with a few tiny pink gems added for decoration at the end. Essie's Coat Azure made a nice opaque base even at one coat. The outline was drawn in China Glaze Snow and filled with MAC Ice Cream Cake. Still loving this pink.


Progress shot above. I was going to stop here but I thought, this needs pink :-D


To be honest I don't know why I drew them so wonky and at that angle. It was easier I guess!


The source of my UFO - another Bonne Bell Bottled Emotion art ;-)


Thumb swatch above. I decided to finish the design with some little pink gems. It just gave it that extra cuteness. Well I hope you enjoyed the swatches and let me know if you've tried any of the HD range, I know there are some gorgeous colours out there! Hope you all had a lovely week and I'll see you next time :-)

8 comments:

  1. The rhinestones add a really nice touch! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I love them!!

    I gave you a blog award on my blog!(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the DVD. Is this from an overseas haul?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Vintage Thank you, it doesn't hurt to add a little bling once in a while :-D

    @Paint That Nail Thank you, that is so sweet!

    @Vita Yep. Despite faithfully checking Priceline probably twice a week, we are yet to receive anything recent, forcing me to search ebay :-/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! Happened upon it recently while looking for nail polish swatches (recent obsession of mine, I'm a make up addict originally) and I showed my friends your designs. We are planning on getting together and trying a few of your ideas. I went out and got this SH color after seeing it pictured here. Appreciate your work and artistic nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kaki Thank you so much! Ooh that sounds like fun, I would love to see end result :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey question! Where did you get the crazy perfume? Ive been looking forever :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Night - I found them on ebay a few years back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...