I'll talk about the award first and show you a few progress pics at the end.
I was nominated by both paint that nail and Aly Loves Lacquer. Thank you! These lovely ladies have awesome blogs and I highly recommend you check them out.
The rules are as follows:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions below.
4. Award this to 15 bloggers.
Sooo 7 very random things about me:
1. I am addicted to the internet. Seriously, if I have no net, I get super ragey :P
2. I used to run a graphics design website and take orders from people as I offered free graphics. It was 'pixel art' so my love of drawing miniature things started a long time ago...
3. While I used to love web design, work has killed all enjoyment I used to get, so now I have new hobbies :-)
4. I am also addicted to coca cola. I should clarify - Australian coke made with cane sugar, not the nasty stuff I had in the USA last year - corn syrup? Omg it completely changed the taste! Cane sugar is for the win.
5. I am from tropical north Queensland and miss the warm weather and even the humidity. Canberra winters are not for me! 6 years here and I still cannot get used to it...
6. I have never seen snow! Well *real* snow. It 'snowed' once here in Canberra in August 2005 (or 2006?) but it was more of a sprinkle. I really want to go one day but this conflicts with my hate of winter :P
7. I don't wear eyeliner. Ever. Too much effort. Heh see question #10 below.
Questions to answer!
Name your favorite color: Purple!
Name your favorite song: That's a difficult one. I have so many but I will decide this by my iTunes playcounts - and at a whopping 225 plays it's Lady Gaga - So Happy I Could Die. It's my ringtone come to think of it. Specifically love this song around the 2:34 mark @_@
Name your favorite dessert: Don't have one. Something with chocolate probably. Wait scrap that. I love cheesecake (not baked) and carrot cake!
What pisses you off: Loud, noisy, sick people! To the dude coughing at work with your mouth wide open this means YOU. If you are sick stay home and don't infect the rest of us?
When you're upset you...: Cry :-/
My favorite pet: I've had many, my cats.
Black or white: Black.
Your biggest fear: Hmm that's a tough one. I think dying?
Best feature: My eyes. Eyeliner less and all.
Everyday attitude: Meh. I'm so lazy!
What is perfection: Nothing is ever perfect.
Guilty pleasure: Nail polish? :P
Now we have to award this to 15 Bloggers but my gosh I don't know if I can do all 15, I'm just going to start and see how I go... I like finding new blogs that are just starting out - especially nail art ones :-) Peruse and enjoy!
1. Silence Is Loud
3. The Khromazone
4. Making Up 4 My Age
5. Polished Pony
6. Lovin' Nailz
7. Polish Me Crazy
8. Kayley's Nail Art
9. bini blogs beauty
... and that's all I have for now! Back to the Butterfly Nail Art. A few polishes were needed this time:
Left to right we have OPI Alpine Snow (RIP China Glaze Snow), Essie French Affair, Sally Hansen Yellow Kitty, Essie Borrowed & Blue, MAC Ice Cream Cake, OPI I Lily Love You, and Illamasqua Boosh. Whew!
I started with 3 coats of MAC Ice Cream Cake. I persisted with the mangled brush because I knew I could cover anything bad with this new OPI glitter polish from the Nice Stems mini collection, I Lily Love You (swatches coming soon)! Aren't those multi-coloured flakes just gorgeous?!
This is my second attempt at the butterflies (hence my lack of posts recently). I got the design right this time and was happy with my outline.
I then filled the butterfly wings with Essie Borrowed & Blue and French Affair. They are beautiful colours and I love the pastel girlyness of this look.
I then went over the white and coloured the butterfly yellow. I was umm'ing and ahh'ing about whether or not to do this (didn't want a second failed attempt) but it turned out nicely! I finished with the eyes and a top coat. And guess what I did? I butchered my thumb with over zealous top coating. I never learn. Sigh:
I call him my emo butterfly! Heh.
BIG close up of the thumb swatch pre-emo. Excuse the mess, nail art is messy! And as per question #10 I am lazy :-D
Well that is all I have for this late Friday night! I hope everyone survived their week (my days have been crazy lately). I have begun the countdown to my holiday overseas @_@ It is coming up so quickly! I'm so excited! Until next time my lovelies...