Sunday, December 4, 2011

Holiday nail art: Stockings!

Today I have a very pretty polish to show you - butter London Henley Regatta! I picked this up in Nordstrom (whilst on holidays earlier this year) but hadn't gotten around to wearing it until this week. I layered it over Illamasqua Viridian and drew some stockings to get into the Christmas spirit:


Henley Regatta is a glitter polish with a clear base but it's oh so pretty:


I only needed one coat to get this effect:


Viridian is gorgeous on its own but combined with this polish, it's downright gorgeous!


So as usual I started with the thumb nail and I wasn't really sure where I was going but I decided to draw my name on the stocking :-) I was slightly inspired by the coke name thing:


So to start, I outlined the stockings with a small nail art brush and OPI Alpine Snow:


Next I filled the tops of the stockings:


Then with Illamasqua Throb filled the rest of the stockings:


Then I wrote names for the rest of the stockings and all done!


And while I was in the festive spirit, I decided to dress up the dining table a little since we aren't having a Christmas tree this year (we're spending Christmas with the in-laws). I started with things I had lying around the house then I wanted to get some plates and cups so I went shopping. And Target was having a sale so I ended up redoing it like this:


I wanted to get a few more things but I am poor this Christmas haha. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the post and the stockings! I'm growing a nice collection of butter London polishes and no doubt I will expand the collection! Hope you all had a fantastic weekend and I'll see you next time!

7 comments:

  1. Henley Regatta is beautiful shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Beautiful color. And I love the stockings complete with names. Very cute. So far my nail art hasn't come out even close to how nice yours are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them!! I really like how you put your names!(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo adorable!!! I love it! Great job

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute nails, I love that you put the names on the stockings :-D

    http://lovelettersandsnippets.blogspot.com/

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Taya & @Kaki This butter London polish is absolutely one of my faves. I always fall for those teal/peacock green shimmers @_@

    @paint that nail, thanks! I'm loving your posts this Christmas!

    @Alexis thank you :-D

    @loveletters Thanks! Super cute blog btw!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...