Sunday, March 11, 2012

Watermelon Nail Art Take Two!

Hi everyone! So I went to Lush a few weeks back and I noticed the lovely lady serving me had watermelon nail art. I'd done *actual* watermelon slices before but I thought I'd try and recreate these ones that I saw with my lovely new butter London polish Primrose Hill Picnic:


Now of course if you have seen butter London Primrose Hill Picnic, you'll know it's very much pink and not red, I just took that picture using Hipstamatic on my iPhone. The actual colour is more like this:


And it's beautiful! I love it. Unfortunately when I ordered this polish online (with two other lovelies from the new collection) I was actually sent Queen Vic instead. Yuck! Well, it's not yuck, it's just not my colour, I had my heart set on this colour so I quickly returned it and got the correct one sent. Whew!

So if you are interested in doing this popular look, I did a quick how to:


Firstly I came to the quick realisation that I didn't have a nice light green to use for the inner part of the watermelon so I went with pink :-D Well I could have used the same one from my last watermelon nail art post but I wanted a nice light colour. I ended up using Pink Friday from the Nicki Minaj collection. Secondly I did another shorter tip with Essie Pretty Edgy. Thirdly I used another polish from the Nicki Minaj collection for the watermelon skin detail - Did It On 'Em. I originally chose another colour but it didn't contrast well with the Essie colour and you can probably see if you look closely. Lastly, I used a black polish to draw little seeds on the nails.


And that is it! I realised after I did the thumb nail that the other nail tips needed to be more rounded. Otherwise a pretty simple look to recreate! I wish I had asked the nice girl at Lush what colours she used.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed the post and are having an awesome long weekend if you're lucky enough to be having one :-D I think Canberra and Vic have holidays tomorrow. I'm off to have dinner and play some online games. See you next time!

14 comments:

  1. I call it ART. Your job is really amazing.

    esmaltesycia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! The watermelons are so cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!!! The pink is so pretty too!(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going through a pink phase right now, I just bought another pink polish @_@

      Delete
  4. I envy your ever-growing Butter London collection Leanne. The colours are so vivid in this design, very summery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the summer that never was! It's all butter London's fault, they have such tempting colours...

      Delete
  5. Wow, love this! You give such great instructions too - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help, I try to do them as often as I can :-)

      Delete
  6. I also did a watermelon nail art. :) I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions. :D

    wabbit-bunny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Breena, they look awesome, love the glitter!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for that. :D I'm still new with this. You're tutorials are great! :)

      Delete
  7. you should check out these awesome nail shields at www.darlingdigits.jamberrynails.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...