Monday, August 23, 2010

Clinique GWP Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad

Normally I don't mention the Clinique gift with purchase (GWP) but I was fairly excited to get the latest bag of goodies from the Clinique counter at Myer. Given that this quad is actually permanent shades (one duo and two singles) made into one quad, swatches seemed like a good idea. Especially as I don't mind this quad :-D


The top row of that brown and pinky coral shade is the Strawberry Fudge Duo (you have to click the one that says strawberry fudge) and the two single "super shimmer" shadows at the bottom are Daybreak and Gold Rush (oddly I only found gold rush on the Clinique Australia site?) Rotated below for a non flash picture:


The super shimmers are described as "creamy, intense colour in one stroke" and although they are super shimmery, colour intense, they are not. I do like them though for a shimmery neutral eye look. Here's some swatches where I layed on like no tomorrow:


I used all four colours today, daybreak for first third of my eye, then gold rush, then blended the strawberry fudge duo in the outer crease/V. Daybreak was perfect in the corner of the eye, the super shimmer really brightens the eye up. That pink is gorgeous layered on top of the brown. I'd give you a picture but it's the end of the day and my makeup has melted off :-P The brown is the least pigmented given its appearance of a darker brown, so it was a very subtle but pretty look over all :-) I don't know if they are worth $33 for the single eye shadows however it's definitely worth picking up this GWP if you're a Clinique fan - if only for the quad ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...