Sunday, September 5, 2010

OPI My Private Jet Original and New Comparison

So it appears I'm very late to the whole My Private Jet saga. I knew there was some hype about it but wasn't sure what it was until I was watching Keeping up with the Kardashians and she was on the hunt for My Private Jet. I thought hey I have that one! lemme go look. And it was the new one I realised after googling. So I hunted down an old one to see what all the fuss was about. And voila:


Now if you don't have the original you would think that my private jet is an interesting colour, brown with pretty green/yellow sparkles. Until you google and you discover it used to be holographic :-| And then I was miffed.



I wasn't able to obtain a direct sunlight shot of the new version but it doesn't matter, it would not reflect like the original above. The original is very sheer (3 coats and was still a little sheer) and very runny to apply. The new formula is thicker.



With flash you can see a bit more variation in colour in the new formula. It's nice enough but don't you just hate it when they change formulas? I wonder why they don't just make a new name for it and keep both :-D On a side note, I keep seeing that cube make up drawer on Keeping up with the Kardashians and I'm fully jealous @_@ Not that all my stuff would fit in that one cube or that I have a counter big enough to put it on (sigh). I do like how you can see all the stuff in it though, because then you'd be like oh I remember that blush down the back there, I should use that today...

4 comments:

  1. I'm late in the game too about My Private Jet. I did get the new version though and I love this! Really love! One of my favs already! I won't chase the old one but I wouldn't mind it either... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do admit the new formula is lovely too, especially for OPI as they don't have anything else quite like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The original version cost a ton of money now. So it looks like I will never own it. Does the original and the newer version have the same number? I have the newer version and the number is B59.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kellie, the new one does have the same number, they both say B59. Shame the originals are so expensive now!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...