Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mario Bros. Nail Art!

My family have been quite interested in my nail art lately and just recently my brother started making requests. One was ridiculous and the other was Mario Bros. So I'm not one to say no to a challenge so here we have it *insert mario bros. tune*


Presenting Mario Bros. themed nail art...er minus Mario himself :-P If I had flesh toned polish I would have... I have been discovering some serious colour gaps in my collection lately and I need to rectify that asap! Now if you're like my mum and don't really know Mario Bros (she just knew OF it :-) here's the wii version of the game :-D


I was obsessed with Mario bros. 1 and 3 on Nintendo when I was little. I really need to get back into it and finish the wii version! Here's the booklet inside with more of the chars on my nails:


You can see the mushroom, fire flower and the star :-) Anyway to begin my nail design, I started with some drawings of the characters I wanted to do:


I got a bit frustrated by my lack of appropriate Mario colours but I think I still managed ok :-) Here's a close up of the nails side by side (click to zoom):


That pinkie mushroom almost didn't happen! I was going to do the squid then thought what for? :-P Now for the colour list. The base/background colour is OPI What's With The Cattitude.
  1. Goomba (thumb): Essie Mink Muffs (brown), Sephora by OPI Leotard-Optional (beige), Sally Hansen black nail art pen, China Glaze Snow (white)
  2. Fire Flower: OPI Flit a bit! (orange), OPI Fiercely Fiona (yellow), China Glaze Snow (white), Essie Pretty Edge (dark green), OPI Who the Shrek are You? (lime green) and the ground was Essie Mink Muffs (brown), Sephora by OPI Leotard-Optional (beige) and Sally Hansen black nail art pen.
  3. Star: OPI Fiercely Fiona and a black Sally Hansen nail art pen.
  4. Piranha Plant: Essie Pretty Edge (pipe main colour), pipe outline in Essie Mink Muffs, highlighted in OPI Who the Shrek are You? and the flower used red and white Sally Hansen nail art pens.
  5. Mushroom: Head is a red Sally Hansen nail art pen, dots are China Glaze Snow (white nail art pen to outline), Illamasqua Load as the base with a black Sally Hansen nail art pen for eyes.
Whew! What a list. You should have seen my bench afterwards. Well I hope you enjoyed this look! I have the sudden need to play Mario Bros. now. Can't imagine why ;-) Anyway, I hope you're all having a wonderful and relaxing weekend. Until next time lovelies...

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love it !! I am a Mario Fan too and these designs are just totally awesome. You really did well, I'm impressed by the accuracy of the designs and it is so fun to look at. I'd like to have the same ^^
    Have a nice week end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it's my favourite so far :-D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...