Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sephora By OPI Safari Luxe Mini Collection swatches!

Today I have some swatches of the latest limited edition Sephora by OPI mini set - the Safari Luxe mini collection:


This safari themed collection has two cremes and two shimmers in the mini set (and two other colours only available in full size):


Left to right we have Don't Feed The Hand Models, Caught With My Khakis Down, Yes, Your Lioness and I Don't Bite. The first two are cremes, the orange polish has a faint shimmer and I don't bite is a shimmer fest :-) Let's start!


Flash shot of Don't Feed The Hand Models shown above. This was three coats and might have been possible as two using a full sized bottle/larger brush.


Sunlight shot of Don't Feed The Hand Models above. Few nudes have come out this year and I quite like this one. Whether it's better than Essie's Topless & Barefoot, you be the judge... this one appears slightly darker and more brownish.


Flash shot of Caught With My Khakis Down shown above. Comparable to Chanel's Khaki Vert; lovely and opaque with 2 coats.


Sunlight swatch of Caught With My Khakis Down shown above.


Flash shot of Yes, Your Lioness shown above. If you look at the full size version of this picture you will see the faintest shimmer. It's so pretty, I love this colour. 3 coats shown above.


Daylight shot of Yes, Your Lioness shown above. Shimmer is slightly more prominent in the sun. Gorgeous.


Flash shot of I Don't Bite shown above. And here we have the reason I purchased this mini set :-D It looked much more purple online and while it's not quite what I expected, it's damn pretty. It is described as a 'soft purple'. And notice the microscopic holo glitter @_@


Daylight shot of I Don't Bite shown above. I tried to capture the glitter in the fading Canberra light. The sun is setting so early in winter :-| This was two coats and the formula was a dream. What I mean is that it went where you brushed - it wasn't watery and did not go all over your nail while you eagerly reached for your nail corrector. Best formula of the lot.


And here we have Giraffe Print! I was slightly inspired by the pretty orange of this collection and decided there was not enough giraffe print out there in the nail art world ;-) I used two colours from the collection - Base of Yes, Your Lioness with Don't Feed The Hand Models as the print pattern.

Well that's all I have tonight, I can't believe how late it is @_@ Too much Farmville, tsk tsk Leanne. Hope you all have a lovely weekend and if you're in Australia, are enjoying your long weekend, I know I am :-D Until next time my lovelies...

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of "Caught With My Khakis Down" & the Giraffe print nails are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these - Where do you order them from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vintage Thank you! I quite like the name too :-P

    @Vita I got this set on eBay although I imagine you could try hopshopgo or sites that offer similar services. I will be going to many Sephoras while on holidays in a couple of months so I'm pretty excited to stock up :-D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...